Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 6th - A Visit from a Friend, Sushi, & Origami

I didn't have much time to create today but inspiration was EVERYWHERE! My friend, Tawna, came to visit. She lives in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. I met her in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, when she was my student. I was teaching a digital photography workshop. We have kept in touch and she is in Banff now to attend a work conference at the Banff Centre. It is so good to see her. She lives in an amazing place that few people have a chance to visit. We would love to do a camper trip to see her one of these summers...

It was a beautiful sunny day and we spent it attending the 60th anniversary for the local library and finding treasures at the thrift store. We went out for dinner at the Sushi Train, where they put sushi on a train and you pick what you want, then they total your bill using your stack of colored plates (different colors represent different prices). Then, Tawna showed me an amazing photo/video slideshow of 3 weeks she spent in France and Italy. It was lovely and made me realize how much I miss traveling abroad...

All I had time to accomplish today was a bit or origami. A panda and a bird. Voila!

Posted via email from tiffanyteske's posterous

No comments: