Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20th - Homemade Herbed Vegetarian Pasta Sauce


This is the first time I tried this recipe. Right off the bat I changed it to suit my own needs so I can officially call it my recipe now. It makes a very colorful, very fresh, super yummy (as my daughter would say) vegetarian pasta sauce. We put it on vermicelli for dinner. It required a lot of chopping (thanks, honey) but only 10 minutes of cooking time.

Herbed Vegetarian Pasta Sauce
by Tiffany Teske

- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used leftovers of a red, an orange, & a yellow)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta

In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in everything else. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasts. 4 c sauce.

No comments: