Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12th - Temporary Art


I was invited to a luncheon today by a friend who spent the week in my town at a conference at the Banff Centre. The food was great and it was nice to see my friend before she headed back to her town. She had been given some lilies which she gave to me when we parted. I brought them home to arrange them. I cut the stems and decided to make some quick art out of them. The concept is like environmental art, which is made from natural materials, photographed, and then dismantled or left behind. This quick "sketch", seen on top of one of my daughters watercolor paintings, existed for this photograph and is now gone. It is always inspiring to work with different materials. To think outside of the box. I decided I better take a lily photo, too...

No comments: