Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vintage Find - A Fisher Price Music Box Teaching Clock (Just Like I Used to Have)


I had this clock! I had this clock! That is what I was screaming inside when I found this cute little vintage gem at a local church rummage sale a few months back. Let me just take a moment to reflect on the fact that toys were more durable when I was a child. I may sound like my grandparents, waxing nostalgical about the past and how things are just not made to last anymore, BUT IT IS TRUE! As a mother, I can speak for toys, and as a photographer, I can say the same about my equipment. Anyway, all I can say is that this beautiful toy is made of wood, and after all of these years it still winds up, tick tocks, and plays music. The musical movement was made in Japan. I can only imagine how many of these are laying in landfills, perfectly fine, having been chucked to make room for "better", more modern toys. My kids, and I, love it!


Just look at the cute illustrations... I want to go to this school!

No comments: