#3 I made dinner. I make 2-3 meals a week that I have never made before. My whole family likes to eat and we are willing to try most anything (although the only "meat" I eat is fish). I get several food related e-newsletters so I am never lost for inspiration (there is also the local library and my massive cookbook collection). This one is from Martha. It is basically a salmon bagel sandwich turned into a pasta dish. Everyone including my three year old LOVED this. So easy, so tasty!
Farfalle with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
By Martha Stewart
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta) I used fusille...
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add onion to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- Add cream cheese, dill, capers, and salmon to pasta. Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats farfalle (you may not need all the water). Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve.
All photos by Tiffany Teske
Please visit my blog, Art Food & Motherhood at http://tiffanyteske.blogspot.com