Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26th - Finished Piece, Using Portraits from Haiti, for the Women's Art Show


Well, I have always been able to work best with a deadline. I tend to wander off to other projects if I have all the time in the world. So, just in the nick of time, I finished my piece for the Women's Art Show at the Banff Public Library. I worked on it for about a week. I am really happy with how it turned out. I start with a basic plan but am not really one to lay out a project before beginning. I tend to have the best results when I just jump in. I know that seems strange but the minute I get hung up on something being perfectly straight or perfectly anything, it goes awry. This all went so well I am thrilled. You can see yesterday's post for the progression of this piece. Here are the photos of the finally step and the finished piece. It will be on display at the Banff Public Library for the month of March. All proceeds in the sale of this piece will go to His Hands for Haiti to build a home for orphaned and abandoned children.




5 comments:

FabricFascination said...

I really like these Tiffany.

Congrats on the Art Show, and for such a good cause too.

Barb said...

These are very cool. We've been living the nightmare that is going on in Haiti here in Minneapolis. My son-in-law is from there. He and my daughter got back 2 days before the earthquake.

Thanks for your efforts.

WPWSuperhero said...

Oh Tiffany.. I love it! It brings back fun memories of us being there together!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

what a gorgeous blog! and your girls! wow!! i intend to try some of ur delish looking recipes soon.

hope to c u tomorrow at babytime!

I have been losing my patience with Cameron a lot lately (he is 5 in a few days) so not sure yet if he will be joining us!

I have sent your link to my sister in Ontario who is a photographer & textile artist.

Tiffany Teske said...

Thank you all! Kym, thanks for always leaving such nice comments... Barb, are you from Minneapolis?! I was born & raised there, have we already had this conversation? K, I miss those days but hope that we can have them again in the future... Anne Marie, it was so nice of Monica to post our blog links on the class blog. I may not be at babytime tomorrow, but will next week. Thanks for passing along my blog to your sis. I am off to read yours now...