Sunday, February 21, 2010
February 21st - Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies TO DIE FOR
I will forever be grateful to my friend, Kirstin, for forwarding this recipe to me. I am a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate. And brownies, I love them! I haven't made brownies from a box since I was a kid because they really are easy to make from scratch and taste so good. I did 1 and a half of the recipe below and used a 9x13" pan and baked it for 45 minutes. Do not make theses unless you are prepared to eat half the pan... they are that good!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
by Kim D. RecipeZaar
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/3 cup peanut butter chip
* 1/3 cup cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs and milk; mix well.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Divide batter in half.
5. To one portion, add peanut butter and peanut butter chips.
6. To the other portion, add cocoa and chocolate chips; mix well.
7. In a greased 9-inch square pan, spoon chocolate batter into 8 mounds in a checker board pattern.
8. Spoon 8 mounds of peanut butter batter in between the chocolate batter.
9. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
10. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
11. Cool on a wire rack.
Now eat! Yum!
And watch for smiles...