Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Amazing, Emotional Video...


This video featured Severn Suzuki, the daughter of world reknown Canadian environmentalist, David Suzuki, addressing the United Nations in 1992 (although the quality makes it seem like 1982...). It is a moving, heartfelt message, to our leaders, on caring for our earth for the generations to come. This young girl silenced the United Nations for 5 minutes. She brought people to tears. As a mother, I can only hope that I will teach my child to be this compassionate and passionate about our earth and its future. And to be an activist. My husband and I saw Mr. Suzuki in the Ottawa airport, where we were all waiting for a flight to the states. My husband tried to speak to him but he seems painfully shy, yet he has spent his life addressing the world on environmental issues. He is truly a great man, who as you will see here, has passed his love of our earth on to his children, as well as strangers all around the world.

Here is the video...

And here is a wonderful article on Granville, about Severn now.

No comments: