Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cleaning, New Work, & Yippee for Karina!

I spent a lot of time cleaning my house today. Ick. I really don't enjoy cleaning. I really don't see the point of it when there are so many other things to do. I feel guilty when I clean because I could be using the time to create. And today was such a nice day. I could have taken Quin for a walk and brought my Holga, my Polaroid back, maybe my fish eye lens... I could have photographed bare, beautiful, winter trees. But instead I got one order packaged up, drive to the post office, and then spent all evening cleaning. I hate it. In fact, if we didn't have so many guests so often, which I LOVE, our house would never be clean. André is a wonderful husband, and we do a good job of sharing all the work but he isn't much for cleaning either. I mean, we always keep up on the dishes, the recycling, the laundry, and the house is always picked up and presentable. I sweep and vaccuum once a week (actually I do like vaccuuming but Quin is phoebicly afraid of the vaccuum) but dusting, mopping the floors, cleaning the mirrors and windows, scrubbing the bathtub, ugh.


I did get a few new transfers made yesterday. I have never printed the first one or third ones, and only printed the second one, one other time but it was too dark. I now have a trick for my too dark images...



I am not sure I like this image. I feel like I could have done a better job if I had gotten her profile.


This is her side. I should have composed with a bit more of her upper back and shoulder.


I really love this image. It was taken at Eastfield, of Hannah, the owners' daughter, who was dressed in a period gown. I was there taking a collodion workshop with Will Dunniway. I need to work on it so there is more definition in the hands.


And a happy note to end this post on... My very good friend and fellow artist, Karina Bermans, is going to be featured on the tv program Region Contact!! This program is based out of Ottawa. It will air on Saturday, February 23rd, at 6:30 PM EST. She will be on for 11 minutes, so she has 4 minutes of fame left, HAHA! According to Karina go ahead and "Straighten out the rabbit ears, grab the remote, program the VCR, align the satellite dish and tune into CTV’s CJOH (Ottawa) for a romp around the K. Bergmans studio, a floor painting commission in-progress, and interview with Regional Contact’s Kathie Donovan." I can't wait!


Here is an example of Karina's work. I photographed it in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, on our recent trip... K designs and sews the pillows, then takes them out and photographs them in ironic situations. You can see more on her website.


No comments: