Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Art O Mat



What a cool concept! Taking something that is bad for people, and could be bad for the landfills now that people have wised up, and turning into something that dispenses art and happiness? Brilliant! What on earth an I babbling about? ART O MAT! Check out the link... go... now.... it is really a wonderful thing. And I plan to become one of their artists. No, it doesn't pay big bucks but most of my favorite projects don't pay anything at all. I want to thank Robayre, one my fellow Create-A-Dayers, for telling me about this wonderful organization. She is not only one of their artists but she has met the owner because her art group and her collage bought one of these machine in the honor of a favorite art teacher who was retiring. So cool! I have many friends who will want to submit work as much as I do! Thanks, Robin!

This weekend I did do a lot of creative things. Or many things that aid in my creativity, such as trying to organize my studio, finally matting and framing a bunch of personal, family photos (you know what they say about the cobbler's kids having no shoes, it is the same for a photographer...), and mulling some current projects over in my brain. I also made banana peanut butter chocolate chip bread. A favorite in this house.

Tomorrow, new transfers.... I need to get some sleep!

3 comments:

brandianndesigns said...

man, what a novel idea! finding an art-o-mat near me is going to be my newest project! that and submitting my work for one.

thanks for sharing. that's awesome!

Enzie Shahmiri said...

I think this is a cool concept as well. I am making rounds through EtsyInteriorDesign and just wanted to say hello.

Tiffany Teske said...

Hi Enzie & Brandi Ann! Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like the Art-o-Mat idea!