Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Etsy Alchemy

Hi All! So, I had a bid accepted on Alchemy about a week ago. And I didn't dislike working on this custom order. It all went very well. The woman who put in the request, fell in love with her husband in a barn... a good roll in the hay, perhaps? LOL, where is my mind? Anyway, I have yet to hear the story but she promises to tell it to me. She was very good at communicating with me. And she was open to me experimenting. I did put in the bid that I would do a double exposure but was not sure exactly how. I tried two ways. She picked the darker, more moody one, where she and her husband are less prominent in the image. It is funny, because I did this one on the first try with the idea. It is actually two transfers, on the same paper, which is why it is dark. The other technique was to expose both images on the same piece of Polaroid film, then make the transfer. She provided the images. I sent it off yesterday.

She sent this in her last convo...
"I can't wait to see the item. I love your work and hope you continue to experiment with it. My job title is "Creative Learning Facilitator" in a school district - they actually pay me to be creative. Your work shows your creative side and experimenting with it is a wonderful example of continuing to build your creativity! Thanks again-" So nice! And what a fun job...

No comments: