Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Dance

This week, I seem to be catching up on all the things I have been meaning to post about. It is good to have a week like that. Especially, since I have been creating a lot of new work this week, as well as putting together several submissions. I am not ready to show most of these on my blog yet, but keep coming back, as they will be starting to appear. After I get done catching up on all these languishing post ideas from the past month or so.


One day, several weeks ago, I opened and Etsy convo and did a happy dance. A previous customer, whom I have had great communications with, was hoping I could fill some image needs for her business. She has already bought my Polaroid transfer, Bloom, seen above. And I had given her permission to use it on her business card. She is a doula, which is something I am familiar with since my very best friend was my doula during my daughter's natural birth. The DONA (Doulas of North America) website defines doula as, "a woman experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth." (Klaus, Kennell and Klaus, Mothering the Mother). She has named her business Bloom, so she loved the image. You can read more about this initial meeting in my blog post here.

As I was saying, this woman (whose business I am happy to link here once her website is up and running and I get her permission), and I have had pleasant conversations via Etsy. I am currently pregnant, and she was was truly interested in hearing about when my babe is born. She had mentioned that she might be back to my shop for more images. Well, she was not kidding...

She ordered this:

Tickle Fern by Tiffany Teske

And this:

Iris by Tiffany Teske

And this:


Fragile by Tiffany Teske

AND this:

Bouquet 2 by Tiffany Teske

AND THIS:

Bound by Tiffany Teske

AND THIS!:


Amazing Grace by Tiffany Teske

AND FINALLY this:

Bouquet by Tiffany Teske

Happy Dance?! Yes!! These are those moments that independent artists love. When someone who loves what you create finds you and wants to support your art making by owning your art. And the best part? She is thrilled with her purchase. Thank you so much for supporting individuals by buying original art :)

1 comment:

Serena said...

So Awesome Tiffany!!!