Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Sculpture of Bruno Torfs


My friend, Maureen, sent me a slide show today. It shows the truly impressive art of Bruno Torfs, a painter and sculpture, who created the more than 300 works of art in Bruno's Art and Sculpture Garden. Sadly, it is located North East of Melbourne, Australia, and during the recent fires it was destroyed. I can't figure out how to get the slide show onto Blogger, so I have included a few images of Bruno's beautiful work here. You can go to The Garden's official website to find out more about this amazing man, as well as how to help them rebuild this wonderful place.


Andre and I spend 8 weeks in Australia in 2002, many of those weeks near Melbourne. I wish that someone would have told me about this truly unique sculpture garden. I often visit and photograph botanical gardens, sculpture gardens, and arboretums when I travel. This would surely have been one of the highlights of our trip... so sad...

3 comments:

Serena said...

In 2001 I spent 5 weeks in Australia and totally missed this beautiful sculpture garden! Thanks for sharing some pictures of it!

Tiffany Teske said...

We will have to swap stories sometime... How could we have missed this?! My guess is it is in a really little town most people don't travel to? Or we were just not lucky enough to hear about it...

Dacey said...

These sculptures are really awesome hence it is not easily created.It needs creative mind