Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Digital Magazines


So, it seems that many of my favorite magazines have started to offer digital subscriptions. This is an awesome idea! And I would love to say that I will be signing right up... after all, I am environmental conscious, and computer savvy... however, I am also as tactile as I am visual. I love to feel the beautiful things I am looking at. And I already spend so much time on the computer, and I don't even work an office job. All I want to do when I log off is to pick up a book or magazine and curl up on the couch or in bed. And one of the things I LOVE about books and magazines is that you "recycle" them by passing them on. You can share them. I just can't do it.... I can't read my mags online. Plus, I really don't trust the invisible things being emitted from my computer. Especially my laptop since I am pregnant. My environmentally conscious self going head to head with my natural health- limit the toxins self? While I am trying to work this all out I do want to give kudos to all the publishers who are forward thinking enough to offer digital subscriptions. There are many people who will make use of them. And I guess if you decide to stop publishing print mags, like one of my favorite, Craft Magazine, recently did, you will force me to check you out via my computer...


How to get digital subscriptions from my favorites:
~ Cloth Paper Scissors - They offer print plus digital which could be useful...
~ Photo Techniques - Currently they are not offering the subscription but this link is to check out a sample issue and see what you think...
~ Mothering - They also offer print plus digital
~ Craft - Now only available online and you currently don't need a paid subscription

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm like you, I like to be able to touch my magazines. Plus if I don't recycle them, or pass them off to someone else, I keep them for years. Although I really need to cut back on my magazine habit. Love your blog.