Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA!!


Pin by potatopotato on Etsy

I am proud to be an American in Canada today. Not something I could always say over the last 8 years I have been visiting and then living here. Most of my friends are celebrating today, althought I know it is a mix amongst my family. The craziest thing in American politics during this election is how it divided people, or at least the people I know, more than I have ever seen. I am almost afraid to put my happiness here on my blog, as the staunch republicans in my family may shame me, at least behind my back, if not to my face. But I really don't care what anyone has to say. I think this is a dawning of a new age in America. I feel a badly needed sense of hope. And I am proud that a black man made it into the White House during my lifetime. As one person on the radio put it, I think that Obama will be a "Great and good president."

No comments: