Friday, November 14, 2008

New Works


I have been working on Polaroid transfers lately... but I only have about 30 pieces of film left... period. I am headed to the states in early December, and am hoping that B&H still has a bit of 669 available. If not, I may be force to scrounge the internet for anything I can get my hands on. I truly am at peace with the fact that at some point, I will never make a Polaroid transfer again. However, I like the idea of having this just sort of creep upon me and happen, without my being aware of it until it is over, kind of like the way my child stops doing things, like when she weened, I didn't know it was the end until it was over. This made it much more easy to take...


I enjoyed working on transfers this week. My friend, Patty had asked me to make some transfers of the sky, a series. I will post those later but for now I will post what I uploaded to my Etsy shop. These are images I took while with my Dad, husband, and sister several years ago. They look nostalgic, like a lot of my work, and they are bringing back memories...


On a fun note, Number 3 in this series was featured today on the Photographer's of Etsy Blog, in a feature on New Works. Pam Hardy who also lives in Alberta. Thanks, Pam!

No comments: