Saturday, August 16, 2008

We are back...

...from our travels out East. It is good to be home. We recently purchased a home of our own so it is time to let the unpacking and getting settled begin. Yippee! Our recent travels were awesome but I am happy to get back to home sweet home. Before we left I read an article in our local paper about a couple who will spend part of each year, for the next four years, calling their canoe home. Pam, Geoff, and Taq, their dog, plan to paddle across Canada. They started their amazing journey in March of last year in Victoria, BC. The threesome anticipates making it to Ontario by fall, then they will take a break over the winter, when they will plan their next route. I really admire these people, as I was an avid canoeist and I also have a spirit of wanderlust. I wish them the best of luck, wicked adventures, and I pat them on the back for not only their passion for the outdoors but for their commitment to our environment. Check out the Canoe Across Canada website...

No comments: