Monday, August 25, 2008

Claudia's Choices Laundry Powder

I originally bought Claudia's Choices Ultra Phosphate Free Laundry Powder to wash my daughter's cloth diapers. That was months ago, and about one month ago I started using it for all of our laundry. One bucket contains enough for 125 full loads and I swear I still have half a bucket left! It cost $25 at Silver Spoon in Canmore (which is actually $4 cheaper than on the Claudia's Choices site) and it came with a $2 off coupon if I return the bucket so they can recycle it. I feel great about buying this product because of the fact that they do recycle their containers, it is non toxic, it is environmentally responsible, it is great for cloth diapers and all laundry in general, it works awesome in all temperatures, and it is a local company. I was pleasantly surprised to read that the couple who started the company started it because of the birth of their daughter and the thoughts they had about her future and the environment. They searched for all-in-one cloth diapers and found another local company, the same company our diapers are from, which I will explore in tomorrow's post. If you have a chance to use this laundry powder you will be pleased but if you can't find it locally try searching for nature or environmentally friendly washing powder. You can also make your own... stay tuned for another post....

No comments: