Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Found a Local FreeCycle!!

Yippee! I found it when I was about to apply to FreeCycle to start one! I am a member of the Calgary FreeCycle but I find it a little ridiculous, environmentally speaking, to want to give my stuff to someone who has to drive so far and vice versa. There is a Bow Valley FreeCycle and I am really not sure how I missed that. In fact, I am willing to bet that someone started the Bow Valley one in the last month or so, since when I applied to the Calgary one I asked if there was one closer to me and was told no... since then I had been planning to start one but life got in the way. And really, do I need ANOTHER project? No. So, I have happily applied to be a member of the Bow Valley FreeCycle and I will be an active member!

1 comment:

Lena Boucher said...

You might also try LocalDataPlace, which was built specifically for local recycling and has coverage in every area of Canada.

There are a lot of other benefits, many of which are listed on the home page.

If you have any questions, please let me know. We'd love to hear your feedback, and hope you'll tell your friends.

Thanks,

Lena Boucher
lena@localdataplace.com