Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Roses Polaroid


I made this image on slide film at my friends' wedding in Wakefield, Quebec, about 4 years ago. I made them a Polaroid transfer collage of their wedding images. Today, I decided to photograph this slide onto Polaroid 669 film, and this is the result. I really like it a lot. It is really beautiful in person. Roses are not my favorite flower but I love how this is textured and dreamy at once, as well as the shade of red. I scanned it into my computer, to share it hear, and decided to do a bit of Photoshop work on it. I am always kind of stuck in between the analog, hands on way of making images, and the modern, technology based way of doing things. I guess it is a good way to respect and pay homage to the past while learning, evolving, and moving into the future, or in this case, at least the present. Which image do you like best? I love your comments...

No comments: