Tuesday, September 16, 2008

30 Things in 30 Days - #7 - Reusable Produce Bags

I need to get out my sewing machine. I am not very good at sewing but I think a perfect project to get me practicing would be to make reusable produce bags. I am always surprised when I go looking for these in stores and don't find them. I just had a lightning bolt tonight that you could use the mesh lingerie bags that people use for laundering their unmentionables in the washing machine. However, these bags are quite fancy with their zippers, and possibly a bit heavy on a produce scale. Check out these options on Etsy from The June Bride (simple, lovely bags), Fickle Faerie (who has color choices), and AMK Designs (who supplies a super cute and useful storage bag with hers). Sales must be exploding because a couple of months ago there was only one shop making that I knew of making these on Etsy. She could not keep up with the demand. I better get out my machine...

No comments: