Friday, September 19, 2008

30 Things in 30 Days - #10 - Reusable Coffee Filters

While I am on a coffee kick (see the last couple posts) I may as well mention something I already posted about here. Reusable coffee filters. If you use a coffee maker, please consider getting a reusabl basket filter. They are available at all department stores, drug stores, and hardware stores. I really don't understand why someone would want to pay for filters when for about $6 - $7 they can buy a reusable one an help our environment. I don't usually use a coffee maker, I make coffee one cup at a time using a Melitta One Cup Cone, which costs about $6 in Canada but only $2.99 on their US Site. I just set it on top of my cup and pour hot water from a kettle into it. They also have one that you can use on a traditional carafe that makes 6 cups. There are reusable cotton filters available for these. I wish they were not made out of plastic as we all know how long that sticks around. But, my wish may have been answered as I see that they make a porcelain 6 cup coffee maker! Wow! That's awesome!

No comments: