Saturday, August 23, 2008

Update on Wanderlust at D'OMMA Gallery

RESPITE

Well, I guess I am a bit behind because while I had been posting each piece in my Wanderlust Series to my online Create A Day group, I was not posting them here. So, in an effort to blog a bit more about our recent visit to Ottawa, where I helped to hang the Wanderlust show at the D'OMMA Gallery I have decided to post the other eight pieces in the show. I was interviewed by Mitchell Caplan for the CHUO-FM89 show Click Here on Tuesday, which went really well. I am hoping I will be able to post the audio file here but am waiting to find that out. Anyway, please grab a cup of joe and enjoy my newest mixed media work. It is my hope that you will be able to view each piece and to travel to another place.

ROAD TRIP

SEE
I added some elements to this piece after I photographed it, including a miniature ace of heart playing card, and some stones.

FLY

GO FLY AWAY HOME

LONG DISTANCE ROMANCE

METAMORPHOSIS

NEWEST MEMBER
I added two antique silver dessert forks to the bottom lower left of this piece, one for an adult and one for a child.

I will be rephotographing some of these images when I get them back from the show.

No comments: