Saturday, January 15, 2011

Creative Challenge - Make Handmade Goodies for Your Facebook Friends

Crayon cakes I make from old broken crayons... (you can make them too, just check out this post...)

The other day I was updating my Facebook fan page and soon I was checking out what my friends were up to on my Facebook home page. My friend, Michelle's status read:
Pay it forward 2011: I promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must re-post this status, offering something handmade to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. Sometime.

Well, I pretty much only buy or make handmade items for people so this is right up my alley. First, I made sure I would be one of the five getting in on Michelle's action. Then, I posted this on my status, late at night, and by morning I had 5 takers. The fun part was, I went right their pages to be one of the people they are making for. Then, I decided to open my offer up to another 5 people. Right now, I am taking one more person... it could be you!

I challenge you to post this on your Facebook. Your handmade items can be something you bake, cook, write, or make. I am thinking of giving crayon cakes to people with kids and maybe pendants, magnets, photographs, or tiny collages to the others. Whatever it is I am bound to record it here. I love how inspiration can come from anywhere. I hope you are expired to make something for someone sometime soon...

No comments: