Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vegan Ginger Orange Muffins Using Crystallized Ginger


BEFORE

My friend, Cheryl, came over on Sunday. It was an extremely chilly day, something like -25 below and she WALKED to my house. I like to drink warm beverages and eat goodies with my friends, especially if I have not seen them in awhile. What better way to catch up? I had not seen Cheryl since BEFORE my almost 7 month old baby was born, and we live in the same town! I used to teach the recycled craft projects at the kid's program she works with. So, after Cheryl shed her layers, I handed her some mint tea and we proceeded to eat these delicious vegan muffins. Cheryl has been a vegan for 6 months. They are moist, delicious, and sweet without any refined sugar (although I guess that would depend on which brand of marmalade you select). I love that the recipe calls for both marmalade and crystallized ginger. They are extra delicious warmed up and slathered with almond butter. YUM!


AFTER

I found this recipe on a site called Cat Tea Corner and you can click on this link to get the recipe. I will not type it out here since the copyright info clearly says their recipes may be printed out for personal use but may not be reproduced in any other form. Once you have clicked on the link above you are in the desserts, breads, and beverages section so you can scroll down to Gingery Orange Muffins and click on it. There is a large list of over 400 vegan recipes here. I can't wait to check out more of their recipes.

3 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Sounds so cozy, eating yummy muffins and drinking mint tea with a friend.

Myrte said...

WOW this looks fantastic!! I plan to make this soon. Your photos make it all look irresistable!

Tiffany Teske said...

Thank you so much, Kym, & Mirthquake (I love your little birdie avatar!) :)