Sunday, December 27, 2009

Handmade Christmas Stockings (?) - Revised & Updated


Craft inspired me to photograph our Christmas stockings. Their staff was writing about their handmade stockings. I have had mine for my entire life, that I can remember, and always thought it was handmade, since my mom used to sew. Upon closer inspection it was made in the Philippines by the House of Hattan in 1976, so I got it when I was 3. Which makes sense, as my younger brothers, who are twins, also have a version of this. So, my stocking is vintage (as I guess I am, too) but not handmade. No matter, a flood of happy memories come back when I see it. And the cross stitched Santa has become Andre's stocking from someone in my family. It IS hand stitched but it comes from China (insert gasp here). 0 for 2 on the stockings I thought were handmade. Our girls have stockings that grandma bought them. It is my goal to make them each one for next year... maybe felt, maybe patchwork, so many options!

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Those are beautiful stockings and I always love anything hand made; doesn't even have to be hand crafted -smile-.

Tiffany Teske said...

Hi Sandra, I read your comment earlier today, and I was not sure I got it. It kept bugging me. I was pretty sure what you meant. So, I checked out our stockings further, which you would think I would have done before posting. Your comment helped me to investigate further and now my post is accurate. Thanks :)