Sunday, April 19, 2009

Daily Quote - Agnes de Mille


Sidewalk art images by Tiffany Teske, shot in Canmore, Alberta, 2008, Artist unknown

"Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how. The moment you know how, you begin to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark."
Agnes de Mille


I really like this quote. I agree. Artists pounce on their ideas, working on them even when they can't explain why. And they should not have to explain. Being interested enough in the idea is enough. I often worry that I can't explain my work well enough. I have a friend who can write about her work in such a perfect, eloquent, artist statement fashion. I can write but I can't seem to put my feelings into words about my work without a lot of effort. I am going to try to stop worrying about it, since I am not a worrier at heart, and just keep creating.
~ Tiffany

No comments: