Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank You, My Friend!


Oh, Robyn! The Lovely Robyn has once again caught me completely off guard and sent me something wonderful and generous in the mail. She is so kind and I really owe her at this point. She, like me, is an inspiration junkie, which is actually the name of her blog. I didn't even have a name for what I was until I met her. We are like two peas in a pod in many ways, too bad she lives in Illinois, instead of right next door.

So, one day, I was reading Robyn's blog, or maybe I was in her Flickr, and I saw one of her works of mail art that struck a nerve right away. It is this piece you see here, "I Have Everything I Need". My daughter had this beautiful way of declaring, "We have everything we need", usually in a very practical way, as we are readying to walk out the door, but I also swear that sometimes, she is uttering it in a wise way, in the same way that Robyn's piece is meaning it. I told Robyn I loved this piece, and wanted to know how much it is. She never responded. I meant to keep checking to see if she listed it in her Etsy shop, and did once or twice, not there, but then, being a mom and all, kinda had it slip from my mind. Although, once, I did email her about it again. Anyway, last weekend, when my father was visiting, my daughter, grandpa, and I went to collect the mail. Q reached into our PO Box, and lo and behold, Robyn's card was there. Q was all excited about it, and held if for the blocks we walked to have tea and cookies at a local shop. I was sure to put it away in a safe place in my book bag as soon as I was able, since Q is about to turn three, and sometimes isn't all that gentle... but boy does she love your work, Robyn, she gets all excited when she gets to hold it. Thank you, thank you, my friend. With friends like you, we have everything we need...


PS I asked Robyn's permission to post this personal note above. I LOVE everything about snail mail, the personal thought, the handwriting, the postmark. Robyn wrote such a thoughtful note. The part about "making people" made me teary! Click on the image to make it larger...

No comments: