Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Summer Vacation - Victoria Beach, Manitoba - Part One


Victoria Beach August 2009 Holgaroid Image by Tiffany Teske

The above image was shot a few days ago, as my family left the cottage we were staying in at Victoria Beach, Manitoba, on Lake Winnipeg. It is a unique and idyllic place where you must park in a lot and then walk or bike to your cottage. The only vehicles allowed past the gate are Victoria Beach taxis. It makes it a safe place for kids to run wild and experience that necessary freedom of childhood. And it makes everyone more physically fit. I was able to shoot several images of this rare place, both digitally, and with my favorite analog camera, my Holga, and will post them in coming days.

3 comments:

Serena said...

Gorgeous photo! I can't wait to see more of your vacation photos..

I was out using my Holga today! I would love to try thats technique - ill have to start looking for some poloroid film!

Tiffany Teske said...

Thanks, Serena! You need a Polaroid Back for your Holga, in order to get it to take Polaroid film. I bought mine a long time ago, I think through B&H Photo. I think PolaPremium recently started selling them. Google them and let me know if you need help...

Serena said...

Ill have to check PolaPremium, ive been unsucessful finding one so far! I think its because I have a 35mm Holga..