Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Andre's New Favorite Potato Pasta Recipe
Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans
by Martha Stewart
Photo by Tiffany Teske
This recipe has simple ingredients and is so delicious we couldn't believe it. My husband loves potatoes, so I am always looking for new recipes that include them. This was a winner with him, my 3 year old, and me. The second night, Andre put chicken on his, and I put salmon on mine, but it is a vegetarian, actually vegan recipe. A few notes... I used round white potatoes, but you can use new potatoes. You just want to make sure you chose a waxy potato so that after all the time they boil in the pot they do not turn to mashed potatoes. And cavatappi is corkscrew type of pasta. The package I bought is actually called Scoobi Doo, by Unico.
* 2 waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 8 ounces cavatappi
* 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
* 1/2 cup Pesto
1. Peel and cut 2 waxy potatoes into 1-inch cubes; place in a large pot of water; bring to a boil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon salt and 8 ounces cavatappi or other short tubular pasta; return to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add 8 ounces trimmed and halved green beans. Return to a boil; cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
4. Drain; toss with 1/2 cup pesto; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.