Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!! And 365 Days With Kiddos #35 - Make A List of What You Are Thankful For


Thanksgiving in the Canadian Rockies

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday (next to Valentine's Day, since I am a romantic...). In Canada, today is Thanksgiving. I grew up in the US, where today is Columbus Day. I have the option now of having two Thanksgivings a year, but since I have been a vegetarian since I was 13 years old, I am not much for the turkey part of the turkey dinner, so we often only celebrate the October date. Maybe this year we will do US Thanksgiving, but with a twist. I know most people love their turkey dinner, but since they will have had it, maybe they can come to my US Thanksgiving....


Quin is looking forward to turkey dinner...

We had a lovely dinner at the home of friends last night. The weather was nice, very classically fall. My good friend, Karina Bergmans, joined us, as she is here for a three week artist residency at the Banff Centre.


Quinlyn, Karina, Emmanuelle & I

Today, the girls and I decided to take the time to write down some of the things we are thankful for. We each had a turn, and we each had many more things to be thankful for than we had room for on the page. Life is good! I think this is a fun and important exercise to do each and every year. We frequently talk about the things we are thankful for, but to sit down and spend some time thinking on it is important.


What we are thankful for... 


Birds remind me of my late grandfather... 

It is important to live in the present, which makes for amazing memories...

Do you have any Thanksgiving rituals you would like to share? Please leave me a comment below....

No comments: