Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Three Artists on a Day Trip - High River & Nanton, Alberta - Part Two

If you missed Part One you can read it here....


Self Portrait in antique store, Nanton

After Dea, Millie, and I left High River, we headed to Nanton. Dea is working on an artists book, and the images that inspired it, were from Nanton. She had originally wanted to make collage using the images, but decided there was enough of a story line to warrant a book. And since she now NEEDED more photos for her book, and since one of my hobbies is collecting old images of other peoples' families, I begged to go along.


Ghost from the past.



The hands of time have stopped...


I heart cigar boxes...


Oh yes, another self portrait



Millie & I


Every orphaned typewriter I see, I want to take home...


Dea & Millie at the Tumbleweed Cafe


Oh, I am SURE we will!

Ladybugs were everywhere at Annie's in High River, we ended up with a stow away....

Dea did find her photos and letters. I found some as well. And some more silverware for my spoon assemblages, a few books, some buttons, and a charming little camera, all to be shared another day.... 

 Where is your favourite place to hunt for treasures?

No comments: