Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December! And I Just Caught My Breath Enough to Realize I am a Year Older!!


Bonjour Decembre! How can it be time for you to appear?! My year starts out slowly in January, meandering along until spring, picking up speed in the summer, taking my breath away in the fall, then racing along into the new year... and every year it gets faster!!

This year, on my birthday in mid November, I am officially became closer to 40 then 30 but I still feel like I am 20. I love my birthday and am suspicious of people who say they don't. I like to do my best to have a birthday week or couple of weeks. I love belated birthday wishes and I am still eagerly awaiting one card that got lost in the mail, a package that was just sent, and a promised birthday phone call (and I am happy since until these all arrive or happen my birthday is not over)...

I am grateful to my beloved friends and family who sent thoughtful cards, emails, and Facebook messages, who showered me with gifts, meals, and treats, who took the time call (which to me is a treat since in this world of email it is becoming more rare). And to my man, who arranged a sitter to watch the kiddos for 2 hours while we went out for Indian food. And to my kiddos who went out to lunch with me at a local creperie (see adorable photo above). I love you all!

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Happy Birthday! Now that I'm here I've forgotten what else I wanted to say. duh.
So.
Happy Birthday!

Tiffany Teske said...

Thanks so much, Sandra! Always great to hear from you :)