Monday, June 30, 2008

Many Great New Recipes

It has been awhile. We are in the process of moving into our new house. We are making it easy on ourselves by having two places for more than a week so we can paint, strip wallpaper, etc at the new house, plus bring small carloads there each time we go. It is about 1.5 km from here. This has left plenty of time to cook and eat to the normal standard. Not a take out pizza yet! This means I have much to share, including some new recipes.

First, I love asparagus. I usually just steam it. But, tonight, I discovered that I love it best when it has been grilled! Andre was putting corn on the grill so we decided to put the asparagus on. Very simple. I washed it and cut off the woody ends. Then I laid it in a single layer on aluminum foil, brushed it with olive oil that I had put fresh ground pepper and sea salt in, then Andre put it on the grill. Once on the plate he sprinkled on freshly grated parmesan. YUMMY! Next time I might try this recipe, because I think the asparagus "rafts" are too cute!

Looking for a light summer meal? This is a must try from one of my favorite online recipe guides, Vegetarian Times. Potato Onion Frittata is great cold, room temp, or hot. It makes for really great leftovers, too.

For dessert here is an amazing sorbet! Here in Banff it is, finally, feeling like summer. Pineapple Coconut Sorbet is the next best thing to sipping a Pina Colada. This is super simple to make and you actually can add rum to make it a frozen pina colada....

1 comment:

Tiffany Teske said...

Have you tried it yet? It ROCKS!