Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vintage Finds - Embroidered Tablecloth


I have a weakness for handiwork, especially embroidery, especially linens (tablecloths, curtains, towels, napkins, pillowcases). I can't seem to pass them by. Someone took the time to stitch all of these stitches and make something lovely. I don't care if their stitches are perfect on the back. Or on the front. I am drawn to the fact that it was done by hand by someone who cared about it. Even if it was machine embroidered I don't mind as long as it was made by someone who was not mass producing them in a factory. This is one of my favorite tablecloths in my large collection. There is a bird on each corner. It fits my daughters' little tea table perfectly. Cheep, cheep...


3 comments:

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

OMG Tif! We think alike. I'm also a "collector" of all things hand embroidered. They seem to "find" there way to my home. I also admire the handiwork and the amount of time that went into creating these lovelies. Too darling for a landfill. I have a pretty growing collection.

Kate said...

I love this tablecloth! That embroidery is so pretty. I inherited a whole bunch of pillow cases that my great grandmother embroidered and the look like what you just pictured. I need to get those out of the trunk and start using them.

Tiffany Teske said...

Yes, Kate, you should start using those pillowcases. I used to save things but now I use them, life is too short, and they are for us to ENJOY everyday :) It is great to hear from you and from you, too, Stacy! I should have known that you would both share my love of handiwork ;)