Wednesday, July 8, 2009
What's For Dinner?
Image by Vegetarian Times
Try this delicious dinner for two.
Edamame Rice Bowls
Recipe by Vegetarian Times
* 1/2 cup brown rice
* 1 8-oz. bag frozen shelled edamame
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 2 oz. crumbed feta
* 10 pitted kalamata olives, halved
* 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
* 1 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 Tbs. lime juice
* 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil, stir in rice, and season with salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
2. Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil, add edamame, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender; drain and set aside.
3. Toss together rice, edamame, cranberries, feta, olives, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Per SERVING: Calories: 540, Protein: 20g, Total fat: 24.5g, Saturated fat: 6g, Carbs: 63g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 778mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 14g