Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Park Radio Feature

Today, I was interviewed for a local radio program called Affecting You. It will run three times this week on the radio and is podcast so I believe I will be able to post it here eventually. I was approached by the program host, Alana McGregor, which was a nice change since it seems like as an artist I am always chasing the publicity... I was teaching a mosaic workshop for kids at the public library last Thursday, I will post photos of that soon, and I was handed a phone message. It was from Alana McGregor, wanting to talk with me about my art and the community classes I will be teaching in the fall. Amongst the classes I will be offering is a weekly recycle craft that I will teach as part of the Banff Elementary After School Program. I want to show the kids how to make something functional and artistic out of thrift store items and items they might have at home that are broken or not serving a purpose... Hard to put in a nutshell but it won't be the traditional kid crafts out of coffee can lids and toilet paper rolls. Much more creative... So, we talked about that, about my upcoming show, and about the environment. I am lucky to live in a National Park, where everything that is possible is done automatically by the town to make it a greener place.

No comments: