Friday, July 4, 2008

Joonbeam

Happy 4th of July to our friends to the south. As an American living in Canada, or a Canadian Permanent Resident, I am lucky enough to celebrate Canada Day and to have fond memories of all the wonderful 4th of Julys I also celebrated. In fact, it is one of my favorite holidays; no materialism, you share it with friends and family, there are often BBQs AND fireworks! What could be better.

Today, I thought of my friend, Joony, who lives in New England, somewhat near the part of the US where I used to be in Maine. New England is steeped in history and just so darn patriotic that it is an excellent place to celebrate the 4th. Just like Ottawa, the capital of Canada, is an awesome place for us to have been able to celebrate Canada Day...

So, back to Joon. Her slogan is "Environment is everything" and I agree. She is a fellow artist who makes "recycled art with heart © ". Have some fun checking out the other cleaver things she has to say and has made by going to her blog. Happy 4th, Joonbeam!

2 comments:

sheasy said...

Go, Joonie! Every time Joon makes something it is full of ingenuity and TLC.

joon said...

Awww...thanks, Tiff! Thanks, Shease! I didn't get a google alert about this. I wonder why? That feature seems to be on drugs. It's very sporadic for me. But this is a wonderful new blog and how sweet of you to mention me, Tiff! Good Luck with your project and your goal. I'm looking forward to reading your updates.