Thursday, June 12, 2008

Get in My Belly

Does anyone know where that quote comes from? My husband says it all the time...

My lovely friend, Sheasy, posted this recipe to her blog and since I LOVE Gazpacho I decided I must post it here. I am going to make it ASAP. Sheas gave it an A+ AND her belly thanked Jo, her cousin whom the recipe comes from. It is that time of year for most that dinner is best when you don't turn on the oven. I say most because while it is currently hitting 40C+ / 104F+ in Ottawa, where we used to live, it is only about 12C / 54F here in Banff. We don't have warm weather until July and August, which is frankly, just the way I like it...

GazpaJO:

28 oz. can diced tomatoes (low sodium if available)
3 cups tomato juice (low sodium if available)
2 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Tabasco

In the blender (or food processor), smooth tomatoes, tomato juice, cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, red onion, shallots, and garlic. Once smooth add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, fresh herbs, pepper, and Tabasco. Chill before serving. Thanks, JoMama!!

3 comments:

robayre said...

oooh, I know, I know (waving arm in the air frantically)
It's from one of the Austin Powers movies.
And now that I've said that, you were probably just joking and asking a rhetorical question, and didn't really want anyone to reply.

robayre said...

And I'm with you on the weather, I think I need to move up to Banff. I hate it when it's so hot out I can't go outside, but in the winter it can't be too cold to go out and play. Well, I'm sure it could get too cold to be wise and go outside, but I've had plenty of frost burn in my day.

Tiffany Teske said...

No, I really did want to know where that came from, THANK YOU! And I am with you, it is hard for it to be too cold, you can always add more layers, but you can be naked and way too hot.