Thursday, June 26, 2008

FreeCycle Calgary

I joined FreeCycle Calgary several weeks ago but just got around to posting my first offer tonight. It is for a rain coat and pants that I used to use back in my fly-fishing-in-the-rain-while-living-in-Maine days. Good memories. I hope someone will take it and return it to its useful glory. I am interested to see if anyone jumps on it, since I am in Banff, and most members are in Calgary, over an hour away. The whole point of FreeCycle is to recycle items that would otherwise go to a landfill. The best way to do this is to keep it local, having to ship it or to pollute the environment by driving way out of the way to pick something up is neither wise nor environmentally friendly. As a new member I have no idea if anyone else is in Banff. I will bring it to local Victory Thrift if there aren't any takers. Or, I am toying with the idea of applying for a Banff Group. I think it would be managable for me to moderate it. And I love the concept of FreeCycle. It is brilliant! I would be happy to help people find the items they need and to help them find people who need what they don't. I am going to sleep on it...

No comments: