Monday, January 28, 2008

"Well, it's 30 below...

...and I don't give a &%@(E%, got a heater in my truck, and off to the rodeo!" I have no idea where this song comes from, or why my hubby sings it everytime it gets this cold, but it does bring a bit of a redneck Alberta flare to a -30 below ( -40 with wind chill) day in Banff. BBBRRRRRRR! It's bloody cold! Not that I would really know. I mean while the poor huband was busy all day being the GM of Norquay Ski, Quin & I stayed inside, warm and dry. We did the same yesterday. It seems it may be a trend because it won't warm up until Thursday. I LOVE days like these. Coffee, tea, blankets, snuggling, we even made Peanut Blossoms this evening.

----------------------------------------
PEANUT BLOSSOMS
----------------------------------------

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine flour with baking powder and salt. B lend shortening
with peanut butter in mixing bowl. Gradually add brown
sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla
extract; beat well. Blend in sifted dry ingredients
gradually; mix well.

Roll balls in sugar. Place on ungreased
cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Top each cookie with
solid milk chocolate kiss.

This recipe is from www.cooks.com. It is NOT the usual recipe I use, which is my Auntie Jackie's recipe. I couldn't find it tonight. These were a bit dry, but good just the same :)



And André (darling hubby) made a new drink. A martini with vodka, Cointreau, fresh lemon and lime juice. Super yummy even if it wasn't exactly a night for a drink shaken with ice.



I will have to venture out tomorrow since I have not gotten the mail since the middle of last week. And we need some groceries... And I need to turn in my paperwork to the library for the Women's Art Show. I get excited to see what will pop up each year as far as art ops centered around International Women's Day. This year I was personal asked by Holly, who runs the kids story hour, to put a piece in the show. I said yes right away but was then doublly pleased because Kim Mayberry, who teaches the Mom and Tot Belly Dance (and all the belly dance classes) at the Banff Center, who is also a librarian, is one of the people in charge. Tomorrow I will get the paperwork to them come rain, sleet, or snow ;)

I made TONS of new transfers over the weekend. I have yet to scan them but here are a couple images I uploaded to Etsy today. Tomorrow I will post some new ones here.



1 comment:

WPWSuperhero said...

yea! you have a blogspot too!