Sunday, October 2, 2011

Whyte Museum "Capture the Colours of Fall" Exhibition Opening


In the province where I live, Alberta, there is a three day annual celebration called Alberta Art Days. This year's dates are September 30th - October 2nd.


I have had a packed couple of art-filled days. Today, I was supposed to assist with another Personalized Paddles event but it was raining cats and dogs, plus it was COLD, so my role was cancelled. I never really sweat these type of last minute changes in my schedule, since they usually end up happening for a reason. And so today, rather than sneak away from my post for a short while to attend an opening for a show that my work is in, I was actually able to go to the opening for several hours. This allowed for several opportunities including perusing the art with my family who then left so I could to talk with the curator (and glass artist), Ciara Hossick, learn from and talk shop with fellow fine art film photographer, Joseph Kurucz, and to film a spontaneous spot for Resort TV. The show, "Capture the Colours of Fall" is hosted by The Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies, and will run until November 15th, 2011. The show is in the Swiss Guides room and features 20 Alberta artists.


No comments: