Just to be me, I went and tweeked the recipe even more. My recipe is as follows:
Babz & Tiffany's Tweeked Pumpkin Bread
Makes 2 Loaves
~ 1 large can of pumpkin
~ 4 eggs
~ 1/2 cup of oil
~ 2 cups of natural raw sugar (Babz uses 3!!)
~ 1 1/2 cups of unbleached white flour
~ 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
~ 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
~ 2 tsp cinnamon
~ 1 tsp nutmeg
~ 1 tsp ground cloves
~ 1 tsp ginger
1. Grease pans. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix wet ingredients well in one bowl.
3. Mix dry ingredients well in another bowl.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix until just combined. If you over mix you will have tough bread.
5. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. I live in the mountains where nothing ever seems to bake in the time a recipe says. Check the bread by inserting a toothpick or piece of spaghetti into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, It is done.
This is a quick and easy recipe that results in two wonderful loves of bread, which is enough for us to both eat and share. We took one of our loaves, along with a dish of butter, to share with other at a community potluck dinner. It was gobbled up pretty quickly, We also shared some bread with our friends, Dea & Millie, at our home, along with tea. And while we were eating it, a beautiful double rainbow stretched across the sky. What a wonderful couple of days we had, while giving and receiving this awesome bread.
Do you have a bread recipe you love and would be willing to share? If you make this recipe, and tweek it, please let me know how it was...