Wednesday, October 26, 2011

International Museum of Women - Call for Submissions


"Waiting for Eloi"
By Tiffany Teske 
This image was made while my friend, Martine, was in labour. This is her son, Axel, 
and the baby she gave birth to is Eloi

I became familiar with The International Museum of Women in 2007 when I submitted a story and images about the home birth of my best friend, Martine's, son Eloi, for one of their online exhibitions. Called "Welcoming Eloi" it features four black and white photographs, and four paragraphs of text. It was accepted, and has been on their site ever since.

The mission of I.M.O.W is "to value the lives of women around the world. I.M.O.W. is a groundbreaking social change museum that connects and inspires people with powerful ideas and new ways of thinking that transform women's lives and the world. With its unique focus on cultural change, I.M.O.W. advances the human right to gender equity worldwide."

I. M. O. W is currently accepting submission from artists, film makers, photographers, musicians, and writers, for an upcoming online exhibit entitled "Your Voices: On Motherhood". You can check out a video about the submissions here. Or you can check out submission guidelines on their website here. I hope to submit another essay myself. Why not add your voice? The deadline is Monday, October 31st, 2011.



No comments: