Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Capture the Colour of Fall Exhibition at the Whyte Museum


Bankhead #2 by Tiffany Teske Original Fuji Emulsion Lifts approx. 3x8", matted & framed 8x10"

Fall is my favourite time of year. I smile when I see the yellow leaves blowing past my feet and when I hear them crunching underfoot. The fresh, crisp air makes me feel alive as I play outdoors with my kiddos. I have always enjoyed capturing fall with my camera so I was excited when I saw the Whyte Museums call for local art with an autumn theme. One of the places I love the most in Banff is the Whyte Museum. This area is steeped in history and there is so much to learn about it at the Whyte. They also regularly host juried shows that feature local artists. I currently have work in an exhibition in their Swiss Guides Room, as part of their Blossoms and Botanicals Show. The next show is, Capture the Colour of Fall, and I had three pieces selected from my submission. I delivered them today, as the wind blew the leaves from the trees. The show runs from October 1st to November 15th and the opening reception will be on October 1st from 1 - 4 PM. This opening coincides with Alberta Arts Days. I will be at the opening from 1 - 2 PM that day, if you would like to come by and say hi. And if you can't make it, the pieces are shown here... have a happy fall!


Golden Leaf by Tiffany Teske 
Original Fuji Emulsion Lift 
approx. 3x4", matted & framed 8x10"

Bankhead #1 by Tiffany Teske 
Original Fuji Emulsion Lifts
approx. 3x8", matted & framed 8x10"

No comments: