Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!


And happy Columbus Day to all of my family in the states. We had a lovely dinner last night with friends and are headed to our next door neighbor's house in a little while. We are far from family and many friends but we are very lucky to have a lovely social circle here. I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You get together with friends and loved ones to enjoy each other, to eat a big meal, and to reflect upon what you are grateful for. Unlike Christmas, there is no emphasis on presents, not that I don't love gift giving, but it is nice to not have to think about that. Today is a day to count our blessings as we do each and every day. It is important to be grateful every day, and I think that Thanksgiving is a good reminder of that. Best wishes to you, all!

No comments: