Saturday, October 4, 2008

Catch Up

It is time to play catch up. So much going on in the creative realm lately, that I fall into bed at night exhausted. Sometimes I fall asleep putting my two year old to bed... sheesh!



First of all, there is a new babe in our family. My sister, Lisa, had a baby girl, Antonia Elisabeth Ray on Wednesday, September 24th. She will go by Nia is absolutely adorable, of course! She was due on September 6th, so way to take your time, Nia :)

On Monday, I taught my first Recycled Art Class for the Banff After School Club. It was a lot of fun! There were about 12 kids, from ages 6 - 9. We made collages from old books and matboard that were given to the program. I was surprised that the kids didn't know the word collage, since almost all kids perform the basic steps of cutting a gluing regularly. The kids were all enthusiastic and made vastly different compositions using vastly different design styles. I am not allowed to photograph the children for blog purposes, but I am allowed to photograph and blog about the work. I am looking forward to getting to know the kids and teachers of the program as the weeks go by. I brought my daughter with me, and while I may not always do that, she had a ball and fit right in with the young artists.


This is my absolute favorite collage. This little guy really listened to what I asked the kids to do. He took different pieces of paper and made them into something new.



This little guy's collage, the two program leaders, who are also women, and I, in stitches. We thought his mom would be very proud! PS He is not old enough to read :)


This is the collage that Quin and I worked on. She proudly held it in her stroller all the way home and has it displayed in her room.


I liked how this girl used the different scissors that were available to make new and different shapes from the paper.

I was going to post about more but it is off to bed for me... night night!

No comments: