Thursday, May 22, 2008

Red Salon's Blue Period

Ok, I knew it had been awhile, but, I didn't think it had been two weeks! Wow, so much has been going on but how would you know? I plan to do some catch up in the coming days. Coming soon: photos and stories from our Minneapolis visit, Quin's 1st birthday, news from sewing class, and a couple of fun visitors...


On a more immediate note, tomorrow night is the opening of this year's Red Salon Artists show in Ottawa (where does the time go, I thought it was forever away when we made the plans!!!). This lovely group of talented women have allowed me to stay on as a Red Salon Artist, even though I moved to Banff. Thanks, Ladies!! Red Salon was started to create more opportunities to exhibit work in Ottawa. It is a nomadic event that has not always taken place in typical art spaces. The first year we took over the halls of a Medical Arts Building. The second year we were at Cube Gallery. Last year we took a year off. And this year we are exhibiting at Patrick Gordon Framing. I sent 6 Polaroid transfers to the show, which were expertly framed by Patrick (I am DYING to see pics!!). We have not worked with a theme in mind in the past but as inspiration for this show we decided to create works for our "Blue Period". The vernissage is from 7-10 PM tomorrow, May 23rd. To check out the awesome invitation, click here. I am so bummed that I won't be able to celebrate during the vernissage with these incredibly talented women. I am hoping that next year we can have the exhibition in Banff...


RED SALON ARTISTS SHARON VANSTARKENBURG, CRYSTAL BESHARA, TIFFANY TESKE, MEAGHAN HAUGHIAN, FRANCE-MARIE TRÉPANIER, AND MARCIA LEA AT CUBE GALLERY DURING THEIR 2006 EXHIBIT

No comments: