Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Fuji Emulsion Lift Collages Illustrate an Article in Highline Magazine's Winter Issue


Highline Magazine Winter 2011

I have been working a lot with Fuji emulsion lifts lately. Most of what I have done has been for publication. I was thrilled when Kristy Davison, Publisher of Highline Magazine, asked me to create some art for their Winter 2011 Issue. The magazine is well loved in these parts, since it is created right here in the Bow Valley. Many of my friends have written for or appeared in the pages of this exciting, beautiful, and witty magazine. Having my work, and my bio, appear in Highline, as a contributor, is something I couldn't pass up. PLUS they PAID me. Always a nice thing for an artist... I am good at what I do, and I don't like starving...

Ha Ling
Images by Kristy Davison
Fuji Emulsions Lift by Tiffany Teske
Approx. 5 x6 " on 8 x 10" Watercolour Paper


Ha Ling Range
Images by Kristy Davison
Fuji Emulsion Lifts by Tiffany Teske
Approx 5 x 12", on 9 x 12" Watercolour Paper

The article, written by Highline Editor, Meghan J. Ward, is called "What's In A Name? A Reminder of Things Past" and is about Ha Ling Peak, in Canmore, Alberta. I was asked to make a collage, and I decided that Fuji emulsion lifts of images of the Ha Ling Range, which were shot by Kristy Davison, would illustrate the article womnderfully. I overlapped the images to create the panoramic view of the range. I made a few different pieces for them to chose from. They used the ones above. Below are some of the others I made. If you are in the Bow Valley, you can pick up a free copy of Highline in various coffee shops and stores.



Ha Ling Peak Collage
Image by Kristy Davison
Fuji Emulsion Lift Collage by Tiffany Teske
Approx 3.5 x 4" on 8 x 10" Watercolour Paper
(there are only prints available of this, since the collage elements were set on top of the images and then photographed, not attached directly to the piece)


Ha Ling Peak Collage #2
Images by Kristy Davison 
Fuji Emulsion Lift Collage by Tiffany Teske 
Original Approx. 5 x6 " on 8 x 10" Watercolour Paper
(there are only prints available of this, since the collage elements were set on top of the images and then photographed, not attached directly to the piece)

All of these original pieces and prints are available for sale. You can get in touch by leaving a comment below.

No comments: