Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wicked Cool Campers!


I live in a place where there are more tourists than locals, especially in the summer. People from all over the world come to Banff, making it one of the most visited National Parks in the world, with 4.5 million visitors a year. I appreciate the tourists, because otherwise I couldn't live here. I love to see these people enjoying my backyard. I also love that everyday is different and I never know what I will see. This weekend, while going to the Community Greenhouse to water our plot, I saw this camper. It is from Wicked Campers, which have offices beyond North America, in places like the UK and Australia. Andre, my husband, & I, lived for 2 months in a VW van, known as a Kombi, in Australia, with a friend of ours. Three's a crowd? Yes, at times... but rather than break up after the trip, Andre decided he loved me, foibles and all, and proposed 6 months later... anyway, back to this fun camper. It made me smile, and grab my camera. I even went to their website and found out that you can rent one of there campers for as low as $31.50 a day, when booking for more than one day. That's a good price!


As for who paints their campers and thinks up the fun sayings, it is all done by volunteers. Well, actually maybe not all of it, but there is a page about how you can volunteer to paint, write sayings for, and even fix the campers. I do get a bit sick of how artists are always asked to volunteer their services but this would be a fun project if someone was able to volunteer their creative talents.


Are any of you going camping this summer? Do you go camper style or back country tent style?

No comments: